Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chinese Scallion and Sesame Pancake!

This morning I was craving some chinese scallion pancakes. I live near 8 Avenue, the chinatown of brooklyn. Theres a little place called Great Taste Dumplings, they are known for their dumplings but i love them for their vegetable sesame pancakes. The pancake is filled with shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, and a dash of soy sauce. I could have easily went out and gotten some. But why buy, when you can make your own right? 

I did some research and found a great recipe to make the pancake. Once i made the pancake, i just added some veggies and thats it! My family really enjoyed it. 

Directions:


1. Make the Scallion & Sesame Pancake. Here's a great video that shows you how to make it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tUPq5uRPE

2. Prepare your Filling. You can put whatever you choose. I shredded some carrots, chopped some cilantro and napa cabbage. 

3. Cut the pancake through the middle and place your filling inside. I also added some soy sauce and sriracha sauce. 

4. Done! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment